California law protects employees who are not for their labor by allowing employees to recover for a variety of circumstances when an employer does not follow the “rules” including:
- Payment of less than the minimum wage
- Non-payment of overtime
- Misclassification of employee to avoid paying overtime
- Failure to make rest periods available
- Failure to allow meal periods or requiring meal period to be taken on duty
- Failure to pay wages dues and owing upon termination of employment
- Termination of employee in retaliation for exercising rights under California law
- General wrongful termination of employee
If you work for a company and have any of the foregoing issues, please contact Yarra, Kharazi & Clason to meet with an attorney for a free consultation.
If you are an employer and have been subjected to claims from an employee, Yarra, Kharazi & Clason also represents employers in front of the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement, and in civil suits based upon employment law claims. If you have been subjected to employment law claims, contact us now to defend your business interests.